Saturday, June 23, 2007

1700 miles in 48 hours...

No internet access for the past 6 days has kept me out of the internet loop. Here is what has been going on...

We went back to St. Louis because they needed help with the VBS for the inner city kids. That was an experience that is difficult to really share with everyone else. It was definitely a you-had-to-be-there thing. From helping the missionaries (they do a job I could never do), to talking with the helpers (teenage boys who have seen worse things then I'll probably ever see), and helping the actual kids (loving and eager), it was an experience that I will keep close to my heart. I am so glad that we found this group and could help.

Since then we have traveled through Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado. We got to see Mt. Rushmore and the Rocky Mountains. We found a hotel room in Durango while we wait for the Westlink kids to show up. After sleeping on the tile floor in St. Louis and the van throughout the last 3 days, a real bed will be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home