Monday, August 25, 2008

Greetings from Texas

Greetings from Texas.

I am killing time in Texas waiting until my flight leaves on September 2nd in New Orleans. I've had a chance to see my friends Clarke and Daniel. I'm not sure how much internet access that I will have when I leave the country, so here's the highlights so far.

1) When Daniel, Claire, and I went to dinner in Dallas when a buzz hit the restaurant. Everyone was standing up and walking around, so we decided to do the same. Looking outside, a car had caught fire and the flames were massive. Over 15 feet high and eventually catching the tree it was next to and 3 surrounding cars. The flames went uncontested for about 15 minutes before the fire department came and started battling. 30 minutes later the 4 cars were destroyed and the tree was black. It was pretty intense.

2) Walking from Clarke's apartment to the medical school we walked in the Galveston heat for only 15 minutes. In those 15 minutes I killed at least 20 mosquitoes and brushed off another 20. I looked down at my leg at one point and saw 6 mosquitoes on my right leg and 5 on my left. I call it preparation for Africa.



My flight leaves on the 2nd. I'm nervously excited. I hope to keep updating with stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home